Thursday, January 28, 2016

Just Getting Started

I've been wanting to start a blog for a while now and just wasn't sure how to go about it.  I am not very creative when it comes to stuff like this and frankly, coming up with a name for my blog was very frustrating (I'm still not 100% sure I love it).  Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what got me started with crafting, but it seems I can remember long ago making birthday cards using stickers.  Then, several years ago, I talked my husband into buying me a cricut machine.  I started searching the internet for tutorials and inspiration.  I found blog after blog with everything I could ever hope for in the crafting world.  To this day, I still follow some of those blogs that got me started.  As most crafters know, it didn't take long and I had every empty space in my small house filled with crafting supplies.  And then, there were Copics and Digi Stamps!!!  A few years ago as I was hopping from blog to blog, I discovered Copic markers & digi stamps.  Oh boy!!!!  Was I in trouble!!!  I started my collection of Copic markers with colors that I thought were pretty.  If you know anything about Copic markers, you know that the letters & numbers on the markers actually mean something and the blender pen is actually not for blending.  I finally figured it out with the help of countless blogs and youtube videos.  I have taken a couple of Copic coloring classes at the local stamping stores, but I don't know if I will ever consider myself anything but a beginner.  Practice, practice, practice is definitely the key!!!  I get discouraged (usually when trying to color hair) and put all my crafting supplies away and then several months go by and I get the itch and haul it all back out again.  I don't have a craft room, but more of a shared space with the formal dining room.  I keep my Copics on the top tier of a three tiered Ikea rolling cart.  I couldn't live without that cart.  It also houses card bases, envelopes, stamps, embellishments, 6x6 paper, my ATG guns, other adhesives, punches, etc etc.
Well...I sincerely hope that I haven't bored you to death, if anyone will actually read this.
Bye for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment